Click on the link below and read 19.1, 19.4, and 19.6. Answer the questions at the end of each reading. Email all responses to email@example.com
- What was the factory system?
- How and why did it originate?
- What was it intended to do?
19.4-A Defense of the Factory System
- How does Andrew Ure defend the Factory System?
- What specific points does he address?
- Are his arguments persuasive? Why or why not?
19.6-Luddism: An Assault on Technology
- What does the author postulate as having been the origins of Luddism?
- What is the author’s position, and what arguments does he bring out, pro-and-con, concerning the Luddites?
- Does the author view the Luddites as criminals or victims? Explain.