Here is the study guide for ch 26. Be sure to complete all parts prior to the unit exam.
In the attachment you will find twelve documents. Complete the source worksheet for SIX of the documents in the attachment. This is assignment is due at the end of the class period in which it was assigned.
Discussion Post #5 is now open. The discussion will close on January 27. Be sure to read the rubric on how points are earned.
Here is the Ch 25 study guide. Be sure to complete all parts prior to the Unit 5 exam.
Here is a one page visualization of the French Revolution. I can not take credit for this, I found it on the web.
There are many causes of the French Revolution. Your task is to visually depict these causes. You will work with a small group, no more than four, and create a visual representation of the causes of the French Revolution. Words may be used sparingly. This assignment is due at the end of the period in which it was assigned.
Click on the link below and read 19.1, 19.4, and 19.6. Answer the questions at the end of each reading. Email all responses to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What was the factory system?
- How and why did it originate?
- What was it intended to do?
19.4-A Defense of the Factory System
- How does Andrew Ure defend the Factory System?
- What specific points does he address?
- Are his arguments persuasive? Why or why not?
19.6-Luddism: An Assault on Technology
- What does the author postulate as having been the origins of Luddism?
- What is the author’s position, and what arguments does he bring out, pro-and-con, concerning the Luddites?
- Does the author view the Luddites as criminals or victims? Explain.
Discussion Post #4 is now open. Be sure to read the rubric on how points will be awarded.