To wrap up Unit 1 we will be completing a Unit 1 project. All the information for the project will be found in the directions link. Each of you have been randomly assigned to a group, check the group link below. There is also a link for terms and questions that you need for your project. This project will be due and presented on Thursday, Sept 17.
Feudalism became the de facto government after the fall of the Roman Empire. Your activity today is to illustrate life in feudal times. Your illustrations need to fully explain the concepts without using words. You will complete the following tasks. This assignment will be due 9/10 at the start of the period.
- Illustrate the structure of feudal society.
- Illustrate the manor life.
a.buildings on the manor
Here are a few links and a video that may help with this task.
Here is a packet of readings on the Middle Ages. Select any 5 documents, read the document and then answer the questions that are at the beginning of the document. When finished place your answers in the basket. This assignment is due at the end of the class period it was assigned.
Click on the link below and read 11.1. Answer the questions at the end of each reading. Email all responses to email@example.com
11.1 Mansa Musa: The “King who sits on a Mountain of Gold”
1. What light does Al’ Umari’s account shed on the Malian army? On treatment of the corpses of the dead?
2. In what way was Musa’s conduct found to be contrary to Muslim law, and how did the Emperor react upon being informed of this?
3. According to Musa, what happened to his predecessor, and under what circumstances did Musa himself come to the throne?
4. What economic and/or other effects did Musa’s pilgrimage have in Egypt?
Please read the above reading on the Great Zimbabwe and write a half page summary on the reading. Be sure to discuss the importance of Great Zimbabwe in trade.
For this activity you will select THREE of the people listed below and create a trading card for them. The trading card will include a picture of the person, you may copy and paste today. Be sure to include the following: name, dates, accomplishments, contributions to society, influence on others, and anything that may be a really off beat. This assignment is due at the end of the period in which it is assigned.
People for the Dar al-Islam Trading Card activity.
A’ishah Bint Yusuf Al-Bayniyyah
Nasir Din Tusi
Using the document below answer HIPP. (Historical Context, Intended Audience, Purpose, and Point of View)
We are starting the book, A History of the World in 6 Glasses. We need to read chapters 1 and 2 by Friday, August 28. These discussion questions need to be completed by Friday, August 28.
Chapter 1: A Stone Age Brew
Note: The first 4 chapters deal with early foundations of civilizations and classical civilizations, roughly from the beginning of the Agricultural Revolution around 8000 BCE to the end of the classical era, around 600 CE.
1. What were the consequences of the Agricultural Revolution?
2. What is the archaeological evidence that supports the cultivation, harvesting, storage and processing of cereal grains?
3. Farming led to food surpluses. Explain that developments that occurred as a result of a food surplus.
4. Identify 3 reasons for the switch to farming.
5. How were grain storehouses related to the temples and the government?
6. What is the relationship of beer to the growth and development of these early civilizations? Give specific examples of how beer led to elements of civilization such as writing. This should be a longer summary response of 1-2 paragraphs, covering the material of the entire chapter.
Chapter 2: Civilized Beer
1. Mesopotamia is the “land between the 2 rivers.” What are the two rivers?
2. Explain the importance of the grain surplus to the development of civilization.
3. Identify the staples of the Egyptian and Mesopotamian diets.
4. Identify ways in which beer was used in daily life, in religion, as medicine, and in burials.
5. Explain how beer had civilizing influences and shaped the development of Mesopotamia and Egypt. This
should be a longer summary response of 1-2 paragraphs, covering the material of the entire chapter.
In your responses, be sure to address all parts of the questions you answer. Use complete sentences; an outline or bulleted list alone is not acceptable.
Answer all parts of the question that follows.
A. Identify ONE way in which geography impacted the development of the poleis of Classical Greece.
B. Identify ONE way in which Athens and Sparta developed in distinct opposition.
C. Explain ONE impact Greek colonization efforts had upon the Mediterranean world.