Please read Federalist #78 and answer the following the questions.
- SUMMARIZE the reading. (3-4 sentences)
- On what grounds does Hamilton argue that the judicial department of government is the least powerful branch of government?
- Why do you suppose that Hamilton was so careful to point out the relative impotence of the judiciary?
- What was Hamilton’s position regarding the power of the judiciary to declare void any legislative acts that were contrary to the Constitution?
- Why does Hamilton consider the independence of the judiciary to be a vital component of constitutional government?
- What arguments does Hamilton use to support life tenure for judges?